Jon Palmen | Current Parent
Twenty years ago, The Prairie School's Golf Classic & Dinner was founded by a group of supporters who knew first-hand the power of a Prairie education. Now, at the end of its second decade, this event raises almost $100,000 annually in support of scholarships and financial aid, thereby ensuring that the opportunity to attend TPS is widely available to families throughout our community.
- When did you start playing golf? 7 yrs old
- What is your relation to Prairie? I have 1 graduated daughter and 2 who attend now
- How many years have you played in the Prairie Golf Classic? 2
- Personal message to your supporters: This is a great event to help raise scholarship money for students.
- High School: Tremper High School
- College: St. Olaf College
- Number of Hole-in-One’s: 0
- Home Course: KCC
- Favorite golf course you’ve played: Seven Canyons
- Course you want to play but never have: Shadow Creek
- Favorite golf memory: Watching the 2016 Prairie girls golf team win back to back state championships
- 2018 golf goal: Play in this outing
- The best golf advice you’ve ever been given: Kirk Triplett’s three wood from the fringe
- Prairie is important to me because…
It provides the best education for my kids in Southeastern Wisconsin. They are college bound and ready for graduation. Prairie also provides a family type atmosphere where parents are encouraged to be involved and willing to support their kids in academics and sports.
- I support need-based financial aid because… It is important to have a diverse and inclusive student body.
Supporters of Team PalmenSports:
- Kevin Reardon – Good luck Jon!