AP Exams: Important Information for Parents of AP Students
Why take the exam?
- Students may earn college credit or place out of college courses based on their exam scores (colleges’ policies vary)
- High AP scores can strengthen college applications
- A student with a low AP exam score may choose not to report that score on college applications
- Colleges reviewing applications usually look for AP exam scores from AP classes taken junior year or earlier
Why not take the exam?
- Each exam costs $94
- Some colleges offer credit only for scores of 4 or 5, which are difficult to obtain
The College Counseling office will order AP exams according to students’ confirmation. Those who have requested an exam may cancel at any time for a fee of $15. Please contact the office with questions (262.752.2627 / [email protected]).