- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
Food Service Assistant/Dishwasher – Hourly position – This position performs a wide range of duties involving cleaning dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, utensils and other areas deemed necessary. May assist in the set-up, and service; as appropriate to the school. This position reports directly to the Interim Food Service Director.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience preferred, but not required
The Prairie School, a child-centered, college-preparatory day school is seeking a part-time assistant to work Monday thru Friday, from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. The Primary School seeks an energetic, outgoing professional to support our extended day program as an assistant.
Responsibilities include organizing and supervising programs that will engage students ages 3-13 years of age. Candidate must be flexible to changing situations, with the ability to multi-task. The successful candidate will work well in a professional environment, be flexible in schedule, a team player with good verbal communication skills and have basic computer skills including entry level Word & Excel. Candidate must be a self-starter and maintain excellent attendance. Hourly wage is based on experience.
The Substitute Teacher will take the place for the primary teacher during their absence.
Required Professional Qualities:
- Hold a valid State of Wisconsin teaching license (Substitute or Standard).
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the Division Head.
- Manage the classroom environment according to the current school ethos and culture.
- Promote student learning in the absence of the current subject-area teacher.
- Provide guidance as an advisor/advocate.
The Prairie School, an equal opportunity employer located in Racine, Wisconsin, is a college preparatory, independent day school. The Prairie School serves an average of 700-students from early school through 12th grade. The school provides excellent working conditions with small classes. Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is subject to experience and degree.