Kathy Boero, Head of Primary School
- # of Years in Education = 30
- # of Years at The Prairie School = 18
Why did you choose to become a teacher and work in education?
For as long as I can remember, being a teacher was always a passion and a goal. I love being part of a learning community.
What inspires you?
I am inspired by working with children. I enjoy observing their creativity and fearless styles of learning as well as collaborating with positive people from all professions, cultures, and perspectives.
What do you most love about Prairie School?
The Prairie School is an independent, college preparatory, and child-centered learning community that nurtures and supports students from three years of age through 18. It’s a place where we strive to create a love of lifelong learning — what could be better?!
What do you hope is your legacy as a teacher?
I hope that my deep appreciation, love, respect, and passion for creating a safe and thrilling learning environment will influence programming that supports all types of learners. I want to create an environment that is free of labels and judgment; an environment where children want to come each morning; an environment that provides a strong foundation for skill and social development and supports children to soar and achieve great things!
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and Learning Disabilities, Carthage College
- Masters of Education in School Administration, Carthage College
- Elementary School Teacher, St. Edward School (Racine, Wisconsin)
- Learning Specialist, Kenosha Unified School District
- Adjunct Teacher in Adult Education, UW-Parkside and Carthage College
- Completion of Leadership Racine Program
- Ongoing affiliation in Racine’s Human Concerns
“I want to create an environment that provides a strong foundation for skill and social development and supports children to soar and achieve great things!”
Contact Kathy @
- [email protected]