Coming together as a group to lift a trophy is the goal of every team, but Prairie's student-athletes also learn the importance of a healthy lifestyle, the nuances of teamwork, and the maturation that comes with competition.
On average, nearly 80% of Upper School students participate in one or more sports. Our no-cut athletic policy means anyone willing to work hard and strive to reach their potential will always have a spot on the team.
Prairie offers numerous interscholastic sports, including: Soccer (Boys' and Girls'), Cross Country (B/G), Tennis (B/G), Basketball (B/G), Golf (B/G), Swimming (B/G), Track (B/G), Volleyball (B/G), and Baseball. We are extremely proud that Prairie teams bring honor to their school by playing fairly and winning championships at conference, county, regional, and state levels.
🏆 State Trophy Case 🥇
Johnson Athletic Center
Ruud Family Soccer Complex
• A 3-lane, 200-meter indoor running track
• A dance studio
• An athletic training room
• A gymnasium with floating maple floor
• Four multi-purpose athletic fields
• An outdoor tennis center featuring eight tennis courts
• A completely outfitted fitness/weight training center with a full complement of cardio-training equipment
• Osiecki Soccer Field
• Certified level two playing surface by the Federation International de Football Association (FIFA)
Question about a particular sport? Contact a coach!
- Baseball: Jeff Wilson
- Boys’ Basketball: Jason Atanasoff
- Girls’ Basketball: Abby Jaramillo
- Cross Country: Jim Larsen
- Boys’ Golf: Kevin Will
- Girls’ Golf: Carrie Massey
- Boys’ Soccer: TBD
- Girls’ Soccer: Joe Manley
- Swimming: Myra Fox
- Tennis: Nich Schaefer
- Track: Kathleen Rooney
- Girls’ Volleyball: Sophia Penkala
- Boys’ Volleyball: TBD