Peter Olesen '05 | Alumnus
Twenty years ago, The Prairie School's Golf Classic & Dinner was founded by a group of supporters who knew first-hand the power of a Prairie education. Now, at the end of its second decade, this event raises almost $100,000 annually in support of scholarships and financial aid, thereby ensuring that the opportunity to attend TPS is widely available to families throughout our community.
- Started Playing Golf: at 5 years old
- High School: The Prairie School!
- College: University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Home Course: Racine Country Club
- Favorite Golf Course I’ve Played: Royal Country Down, Ireland
- Course I want to play but never have: Pebble Beach
- Favorite Golf Memory: Being a part of Prairie’s first Golf State Championship Team in 2005
- 2019 Golf Goal: Break 80 three times
- The best golf advice I’ve ever been given: “Golf is about how well you accept, respond to, and score with your misses much more so than your perfect shots.”– Bob Rotella
- I support need-based financial aid because: My wife and I were incredibly fortunate for the opportunity to attend The Prairie School and experience firsthand the benefits of a quality K-12 education. The future success of our community (and our society) relies heavily on the ability to educate our younger generations and that responsibility will never go away. We believe in the mission at Prairie and the importance of the need-based financial aid programs in creating opportunities for more children to attend the school.
Supporters of Team Olesen:
- Osiecki Foundation